Saturday, July 11, 2009

Team Lipstick Shows Some Love


This afternoon, the team got together to cheer me up -- and that they did! It's amazing how great these women are at pulling together such a fabulous party on such short notice, complete with a full lunch spread, including dessert, and some amazing "get well soon" gifts (check out my new yellow jersey)! Also, look at how beautiful they are after a bike ride over the GW Bridge! 



I also got a bottle of wine, a Rocco cookbook (a fellow triathlete!), edible arrangement of fresh fruit and a box of chocolate-covered strawberries. My plan is to watch the Tour with the wine and fruit and wear the yellow jersey when I get on the indoor bike at the gym, hopefully by next week. 

I'm feeling a lot better and am completely off the heavy pain drugs. Just in time to enjoy that wine!

2 comments:

Jt Netterville said...

You need any more proof of just how much of an inspiration you are to those around you?

Take your time to rest up and heal. Can't wait to hear about the post rehab program to get you back up to speed!!

Jenn Place said...

Thanks, JT. I'm doing my best to rest and stay positive.