Monday, August 24, 2009

NYC Marathon!

For anyone unaware, I'll be running this year's NYC marathon for the Arthritis Foundation. Training's been difficult since I had to take off a little time due to my bike accident and the fact I'm still recovering from a broken wrist, but I'm finally starting to feel a bit more like myself when I go out to run.

The recent heat wave hasn't made it any easier and I find myself looking forward to the fall more than ever, especially now that I'm not doing any more triathlons this season. I also happen to be one of those freaks who prefers working out in the cold weather over heat no matter what. This is how I ended up with frostbite on three toes, matter of fact, but you live and learn, right?

So, since this will be my first marathon, my goal is to improve my running for the 2010 triathlon season and not get injured along the way. But more importantly, it's to raise $3,000 for the Arthritis Foundation. Arthritis affects over 43 million people in the US, including someone I love very dearly. If you can help me reach my goal, even if it's just with a small donation, please visit my fundraising page: http://afnycmarathon.kintera.org/jenniferplace.

Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Marathon ... and good lucky for the "Arthritis Foundation" :)