Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mmmm...Pancakes

There's this mysterious yet delicious scent of maple syrup that wafts through the city every now and then. Today, I smell it more than ever before. I was coming up from the subway following a swim workout and it was like, "OMG, I want pancakes now!" I think if I had been running with that smell all around, I'd have gone into some weird Homer Simpson-like trance where every little animal in the park turned into a yummy breakfast treat.

But, today was a swim workout. Did some kick drills and a couple 500s, mostly. I've been told I'm not allowed to run for a week to really try and get rid of the tendonitis, so I think there will be more swimming and less running for at least a little while. I was also warned not to spend too much time on the bike for the same reason, but biking, obviously, isn't as stressful. It's probably just as well, my legs feel pretty shot after many days of running, biking and weight training. They need a little rest, so the pool is where I'm at!


6 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Great, now I want pancakes!!

Did you get some yourself?

Jenn Place said...

LOL! Just made some for breakfast this morning! Woke up starving and with a rare craving for 'em. Go figure.

FLATOUT JIM said...

Had mine yesterday. Wholegrain blue berry, my own concauction.

I use the instant just add water mix, throw in an equal part of whole wheat flour, and a couple of tablespoons of flax seed, and of course blueberries. I can't get fresh this time of year, so I have to buy frozen, but still yummy.

MMMM !! I'm getting hungry again.

Jenn Place said...

I make my own from scratch, but sounds like yours are close to what I'm doing. I mix 1/2 cup whole wheat flour w/ 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp sugar, 3/4 tsp kosher salt in one bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup fat free plain yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, 1 egg and 1/2 tsp vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry (may need to add a few more drops of milk if it's too thick). It makes about 2-3 servings. You can also use low fat sour cream instead of the yogurt.

Anonymous said...

Smell of pancakes in the city? Hmmm, I should walk more where you walk!

Jenn Place said...

LOL! Welcome home, Steph.