Thursday, March 26, 2009

Movin' Right Along!

After a bit of rest in the early months of the year, I'm back to making training my top priority. The tendonitis in my foot no longer seems to bother me, I'm feeling stronger and healthier than I've felt in a while and I'm enjoying my workouts more than ever. I'm so excited for this season to begin, especially knowing I have yet to achieve everything I'm capable of. 

After a great weekend of training Team Lipstick up in New Paltz, NY, I'm now back to my own scheduled workouts and have been very happy with how they're going. Tuesday was an 8.5 mile run in Central Park followed by a swim workout of about 2,500 meters. Yesterday, I biked 75 minutes at high cadence, moderate intensity, then 45 minutes of low cadence, focusing on leg strength. Had to do this in my apt. because we were having a new intercom system installed in the bldg. and I had to be there to let the technicians inside. Once that were done, I headed to Equinox for my 90 minutes of strength training. Today, I had a strong Central Park trail run of 11 miles followed again by about 2,500 meters of swimming.

All these workouts were good, but I've been looking forward to tomorrow the most -- when I'll bike across the GW bridge into NJ for a good 50 miles. The weather's supposed to be perfect! I'm also planning on going back to the gym in the afternoon for my second strength training session of the week. 

No comments: