Saturday, March 7, 2009

Warmth!

I woke up to 51 degrees! And that was around 6:30 am. It's going to be a great day to be outside and the park is going to be packed with runners, cyclists, dog walkers, rollerbladers - basically anyone who didn't leave the city for the weekend. I'll be taking the team around the loop on our bikes, which will be a great opportunity to work on handling skills. Hey, what better way to get used to maneuvering around moving objects, right! I'll be out there about an hour before them so I can get 18 miles in on my own. I can't let their workouts take the place of mine. After that, I plan to meet my friend for a run, again in Central Park. I'm sure by 11:00 I'm going to be ready to trade in the bike for running shoes because the road will get very crowded and biking when it's like that is not enjoyable at all. 

I've given the orthotics a try twice now and I can't say they're making a huge difference, but I think it's too soon to tell. I'll be trying them out again today. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wasn`t it AWESOME !!! I got to throw some kettlebells around in riverside park it was SO great to be outside .. it was a little nuts in central park 11:00 am the cycle home was ... err .. fun !!

I was looking to see if you and the team were out