Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Taking it (sort of) easy

Between my own workouts, training the team and a spontaneous social run with a friend followed by two hours of Guitar Hero, my weekend was packed and somewhat tiring. I took Monday off completely with the exception of walking the 16 blocks south to my chiropractor's office. I got my orthotics but haven't run in them yet. Today was a 75-minute session on the indoor bike trainer. One look outside at the messy streets and blowing tree branches and it was an easy decision to stay in. I had the perfect post-ride recovery food: a homemade chocolate chip cookie and a glass of chocolate milk. Yum! 

I finally spent a few hours going over my race schedule for the year and am feeling better about what will be my "A" races and what goals I think are achievable. Though I'm asking a lot of my body, I'm also confident that it will deliver. I feel better mentally and physically than I have in a long time. Maybe this has to do with the fact I'm not torn anymore between working a Wall St. job and pursuing a triathlon career! I'm completely focused, for once, on something I truly love and not a day goes by where I don't realize how lucky I am to have the opportunity to do this. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you - I can`t wait to be screaming for you at the NYC Tri finish !

Jenn Place said...

Thanks, Claire! I'm getting really excited!

Anonymous said...

You sound like you have alot of gratitude. I am so happy for you. I read your blogger and wish I lived closer to you. It would be fun to train with you. Good luck with your new orthodics. I reccommend breaking them in before you run with them. Are they leather on the top base?