Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ready to race

Getting ready to race this Saturday at the Mighty Montauk olympic-distance tri on Long Island. I love Montauk and this race was one of my favorites last year. Then, I came in fifth woman overall, first in my division, with a time of  2:18:15. It was my first-ever olympic-distance race and it sort of thew me because the swim seemed like forever and on the bike, I was way too conservative. The run was a little tough and hilly, but I know I'm a much better runner this year than I was last, so I shouldn't have a problem there. 

After a tough, 91-mile bike ride on Monday and a race-simulation swim and core work yesterday, I'm taking it relatively easy the second half of this week. Today, I had a light pedal through the park as I coached Team Lipstick. My legs are feeling Monday's workout, so the run I had in mind for this morning will either wait for tonight or won't happen at all. I'm all about eating properly, hydrating and resting for the next 3 days. 

2 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! And have fun!!!!

Jenn Place said...

Thanks, guys!