Friday, January 23, 2009

Pizza = Power!

I'm happy I've had some good workouts these past two days. Must be all the pizza I ate Wednesday. 

On Thursday, I spent an hour on the treadmill followed by another hour or so of strength training. I also did a lot of balance and core work and some stretching afterward. It's great when you have a 3.5 hour window in which to workout! This was followed by another chiropractor visit for the tendonitis in my foot. There's something called "graston technique" which hurts just about as much as getting a tattoo, but it's what helped the ITB syndrome I was suffering from last summer, so I asked for it again. I've got major bruising along my shin and around my foot, but it's only temporary and I believe it's going to help in the end. I'm still thinking about the orthotics and am leaning toward giving them a try. 

Today, I was lucky enough to get out and enjoy Central Park on the bike for an hour and a half. I actually felt overdressed once I got moving. There was so much dried salt on the road that whenever a car went by, I could taste it, but it still felt wonderful to be out. It's funny how warm 45 degrees feels after a few single-digit days. 

2 comments:

Alessandro Matteucci aka Alex 555 said...

what kind of tendonitis on your foot? A few years ago I had plantar fasciitis while attempting to train for the NYC Marathon. I don't know what really caused it, maybe my "support" sneakers instead of the "neutral" ones that I finally discovered the year after. Either way I believe that it started because of abnormal tension on my calf muscles that put extra load on my feet. It lasted almost a year! The good news is that riding the bicycle was definitely a good therapy. Different topic? How was the olive ice cream at Mario's?

Jenn Place said...

Ciao, Alessandro! The problem is with the tendon along the outside of my foot from the ankle down. But it sounds similar to what you're describing. My chiropractor is working on my calf, too. I'm thinking of trying different sneakers as well, but I've done that before with bad results. I'm sure I'll figure it out and I'm just glad it's January and not June!

The olive oil gelato is incredible at Otto. I'd love to hear how it compares to the gelato in Italy, though!