Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wednesday

Another visit to the chiropractor yesterday and he thinks I really need to get orthotics if I want my tendonitis to go away and, hopefully, not come back as soon as I increase my mileage again. I know they take getting used to, so this is probably the best time of year to get them, but I'm still scared. My disgusting toe infection is clearing up more with every passing day, so there's a bright spot! 

After my visit, I got into the pool for a 45 minute workout. It felt like a really good swim, but the water was cold. I don't think I ever warmed up.

Today's my husband's birthday, so I'll likely not be working out but instead eating good food and drinking wine. I haven't had a day off in a while and I could probably use it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you really need orthotics? I was told that once and it didn't do anything for me besides a bad feeling. When did this start anyway?

Say hello to Rob and "Happy Birthday". Have a great day:-)

Dinner next week????

Jenn Place said...

I'm hearing this from a lot of people, Steph. I think I should think about it some more. Thanks for the input. The pain in my foot started around 6 weeks ago, maybe even a little longer.

Thanks for the happy b-day wishes. We're going for massages and then pizza at Otto! No workouts today, but tomorrow will be redemption time.

Yes, dinner next week! I'll send you an e-mail soon so we can figure out when.

Anonymous said...

Tell Rob to treat himself to some of that Tanquery on me !!

It seems odd that you developed this problem now and you need orthotics - have you tracked back to see what changed ? maybe you infected toes were causing you to run off balance ?

Jenn Place said...

Good point, Claire. Oh, and Rob is enjoying the 10. Thanks!