Saturday, January 17, 2009

Toe awareness

I finally got back in the pool for an hour's swim on Thursday and again for a short one after an early morning spin on Friday. Swimming hasn't been a very consistent thing for me since the end of last season, but that's got to change now that it's the middle of January. But it's amazing how the body remembers the movement and I think all the biking and running I've been doing helped tremendously cardio-wise. Thanks to a good friend, I think I've gotten better since last year. The help he gave me seems to be sticking (Merci, TL)!

I really need to get out for a run this weekend, but I'm thinking today will be all about indoor biking and the run will be tomorrow. Partly this is because of the weather, but mostly, it's because I've been dealing w/ tendonitis in my foot and now, on the same foot, I have an infected toe. I wish I knew how that happened, but apparently, it does happen sometimes to runners. It's huge, red and throbbing and it's hard to even walk. I think another day's worth of antibiotics will make a run tomorrow tolerable because it's already starting to get better after one day of meds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

infected toe .. ewww ! Now I`m really glad you didn`t whip your sock off to show me in Starbucks ! lol

Jenn Place said...

Or play footsie under the table? LOL!