Monday, January 26, 2009

Restful morning


I took some time this morning to clean my bike since it was covered in half the salt and grime that was on the roads this weekend. I love my 2006 Giant as much as I did the day I bought her. Here's a shot of my pride and joy lounging in the sun out on the East end of Long Island. Isn't she beautiful!

I'll be at the gym after my chiropractor visit this afternoon. Just going to do some upper body and core work. Tonight is a triathlon symposium that I'm so excited to have been invited to. There are a lot of experts who will be speaking and it'll be a great networking opportunity. My goal of becoming a tri coach is taking shape and I couldn't be more excited. I've been holding back the details here on my blog, but I'll be a little more open about it all as I'm able to. Thanks to everyone who has been continually supporting me through this very exciting time. 

3 comments:

FLATOUT JIM said...

You are a brave brave person riding your road bike outdoors this time of the year. As much as I hate my pain cave, I really can't see myself on the road in minus 10 degree C with a wind chill of minus 20. BRRRR.

Good for you, but keep your bike good and clean. Road Salt is a silent killer.

Anonymous said...

So it's a SHE!

Looks like you're on the right way to your goal. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Jenn Place said...

Hi Jim, thanks for coming by! I'd much rather be outside freezing toes and all than inside on a trainer, though the computrainer was really cool! If I had space and money, I'd have a winter bike and a separate race bike, but since I ain't got neither, I have to do the best I can at cleaning the one bike I got. At least it's carbon, which doesn't really do as badlly in salt as other materials do.

Hey Steph! I'll fill you in Thursday night -- we're on, right? I can taste the yummy Belgian ale already.