Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend Workout Update

This was a weekend of firsts. 

Saturday, I rode the bike down to Cadence for a 10-mile time trial followed by another 10-mile course ride on the computrainer. For anyone unfamiliar, it's a machine that enables you to use your bike as a stationary bike hooked up to an instrument that measures your speed, distance, power output, etc. It also simulates a road ride in that it gives you flats, climbs and downhill sections, so you get to really work on gearing. This was my first time on one of these and it was great fun! Considering we're still in base training, I'm quite happy with my results. The ride back up the West side bike path was probably the windiest conditions I've ever had to ride in, but it was only 6 miles.

Today was a 1-hour swim workout at Riverbank Park. This is an amazing complex which is only about a 15-20 minute run from my apartment! I can't believe I've never been here before. The swim was followed by a 1.5 hour easy run. I'm happy to report my foot wasn't an issue for the first time in a while. I really think the graston tool is the reason why.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn - sorry to see you're slacking with your routine - can't understand why you're only leaving 3.5 hours for your window. And what's with the "easy run" for 1.5 hours anyway? Come on! You should be burning rubber for goodness sake! Anyways - Michelle and I are sitting back relaxing and living vicariously through you! Talk soon. Aaron

Anonymous said...

Glad the foot is feeling good ! Somehow I still think your 1.5 hour easy run was longer than my 2 hour run !!

Jenn Place said...

Hey, Aaron. LOL! Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear you and Michelle are taking it easy. ;-)

Claire, you covered 10 miles yesterday, which is awesome for anyone to do. You're an inspiration to me as much as you say I am to you, my friend.