Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Team Lipstick!

I'm proud to say I've become assistant coach to Team Lipstick, the largest and most successful all-female triathlon team in NYC. Founded by fitness industry veteran Laura Cozik, a person I've quickly come to admire for so many reasons, the program provides women who want to become triathletes (notice I didn't say who just want to "do a tri") with all the encouragement, guidance and training they need to succeed.

In the team's first year (2008), 20 women signed up, all of whom had never done a tri before, and all 20 crossed the finish at their goal race in great shape. All 20 are still team members and this number continues to grow for the 2009 season. 

I've been training with the team over this past week, getting to know the members and other coaches, learning a lot from everyone and basically acting like a happy little sponge taking it all in. In addition, this weekend, I'll be going for my indoor cycling certification in Rhinebeck, NY, and later today I'll be registering for the USA Triathlon Level I Coaching Certification. That is a 3-day class here in NYC in April. As I said on Monday, I'm making it happen!

5 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Congrats!!!

Jenn Place said...

Thanks. I've so excited! :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your career change is another "race" . Btw, I love the team name, very cool.

Tell me all about it Thursday.

Anonymous said...

Jenn I am so proud of you and so happy for you - this is perfect you have the talent + drive to be am awesome coach but even more so you are such a huge encouragement + inspiration to everyone around you. Once I`m off this diet I`m taking you to dinner to celebrate !!!

Jenn Place said...

Thanks, Claire!